knittinsilly

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Thanks

I went to Michigan for Thanksgiving. It was fun times with family. I actually had a bit of a conversation with one of my cousins. We have not talked too much in the past 10 years or so. It was nice to see that she was actually willing to talk. I had fun at my Aunt's house. She is the coolest aunt's that I have. I was looking forward to getting up at 5 am on Friday to go shopping. Well, that did not happen. My mom and sister did not want to get up that early.



When I got home Sunday, I checked my mail and found a package from my Secret Pal!



Here are the goodies that I received:
There are a couple of snowmen ornaments, an angel ornament, a pail with children making a snowman, a votive crock with a votive candle in the most yummy scent (Christmas cookie), sock yarn in a pretty colorway, and a note.

Thanks Secret Pal!







So the other week I bought a hand held game. Well not really a game, but a virtual pet. I created a dog named Maggie. She barks, sniffs, and does tricks. I have to make her eat, drink, sleep, go to the bathroom, and groom her. There are a couple more things she does, but I can't remember what it is. So far I have gone through three sets of batteries. Right now I am taking her on a "walk". It is kinda fun, but it starting to lose the excitement.

The next week I will be very busy at work. One of my tellers came to me and put in a one week notice. He has been gone for a week now. I was also told that another one of my tellers would be transferred to another branch. With being down two people I am getting ready to move to a new branch. I was lucky today. I had help from someone that has done this before. She boxed up and cleaned out drawers all day. There is still a lot of work to be done, but I know we are on the right track. What she did today really helped me out. Since I am now running a teller drawer and still doing my job. I can't get away long enough to box up stuff. Well, only one more week of this and I will be able to relax a bit.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad you liked it. Thought you could use something to start your holiday decorating. I hope you like snowmen! Hopefully work will ease up for you soon. And very glad you had a good Thanksgiving! It's nice to be around family. What's on the needles these days?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home