knittinsilly

Friday, August 18, 2006

Home alone again

Well, I am home alone again. I am dog sitting for my parents while they are away for a couple of days. I am not used to their computer.....so bare with me....

On the knitting front: I am, I would like to think, more than half way thru my second purple sock. YEAH!!! I am starting to get sock syndrome. I like to see the progress, but I am getting tired of socks. I have a HUGE feat ahead of me....I am going to start a lace shawl for my sister for Christmas. (She does not know what my blog name is, so it is safe to say what I am making her). I have a pattern for the Adamas Shawl from KnitPicks. I am SO confused with the pattern.....I just have to try it I guess. I might take it to the local yarn shop to see if they can advise me on how to work it out.

Other things: I received a Thank You note from one of my customers last week. I saved him a couple of thousand dollars in a fraudulent wire earlier in the year. Well, inside the note was a $100 bill. Now, what do I buy with it? I was thinking of saving it for the Disney trip later in September. Or, do I use it to get gift cards to Best Buy from Giant Eagle (a local grocery store) to earn 40 cents off of gas? (they are giving 20 cents credit for every $50 spent towards gas...it usually is 10 cents, but for the next month it is increased!) OK, back to what I was saying. Taking the gift card(s) to Best Buy to get a digital camera? Hmmm....what to do.... If I get the camera now, I can use it at Disney....

What should I do this weekend? I plan on going to work out in the morning, then going to Verizon to get my new phone! My two year contract is up and I want a new phone. I might get a pink RAZR, or that new phone called the "chocolate". More decisions that I have to make. I hate making decisions. I am leaning towards the RAZR, but I don't have an iPod, so the Chocolate sounds like a good choice, since it is part mP3 player. I will find out in the morning what is good for me. I might also dye some of the yarn from KnitPicks that I got last week. Since my parents are not home, I can cover up their island and go to town on making a mess :)

Off to knit some more on the purple sock! CHAO

1 Comments:

  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger Andi said…

    Hi neighbor! That was very nice of that customer of yours... The stitch piece and purl is having a 25% sale on August 26! But the digital is also a good move. Come by and visit me sometime...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home