knittinsilly

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Dyeing yarn

After receiving my package from Knit Picks last week, I decided to have some fun and dye a skein of yarn that I bought. I do not have a swift, so you can imagine how fun it was breaking up the skein in half. I thought that I would have it ready to go in half an hour....well I was WRONG. It took about three to unravel the mess I had created. The dog was not too happy about being neglected while I untangled the yarn.

I had to dye the yarn the next day because it was too late at night to dye the yarn. SO I got up early the next day to start the fun! I decided to paint it on. I used colors of pinks and orange with a bit of green thrown in. It turned out pretty neat. The next day, I did the other half. For the color scheme I used purple, burgundy, and blue. These colors were spread on top of a yarn water mixture, then microwaved. This turned out nicely also. I just can't wait to do the next pile of yarn!

I think I need to buy a digital camera so I can post a picture of the yarn!!!!???!!! :)

So I also decided to start knitting some socks. I just could not wait for the class that I am signed up for. It is pretty easy at the moment since I am just doing the cuff...I am not looking forward to turning the heel. I only had to tear it out once so far. I had created yarn overs with my DPN's. I am sure that I have that fixed now!

I get paid tomorrow and I think that I will go to the LYS and buy a ball winder!!! My Dad and I have a pattern for a yarn swift. I think that we will get the lumber and hardware for it Sunday and build it! :) I am EXCITED!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home