knittinsilly

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Questions for SP8!!!!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
A. I like to use all types of fiber. I have used ribbon yarn and thought it was difficult to use. The scarf was BEAUTIFUL when I finished, but I had to push myself to finish it.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
A. I have a canvas knitting bag that I use for yarn/needles/work in progress. I also have a zippered case that I store some needles in.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
A. I have been knitting for about 2.5-3 years now. I would consider myself an advanced beginner. I have learned many new techniques from reading books, but I still am green.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
A. Nope, no list yet.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
A. I like floral and clean scents, almost anything. I do not like patchouli or musk type fragrances.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
A. I LOVE chocolate!!! My fav would be Cadbury Flake.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
A. Don't DIY....I do crafty sort of things. I make soy candles, smelly jellies, and soy wax dipped bears. I do not spin.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
A. I can tolerate just about any type of music. I don't like country too much though. Yes my computer can play MP3's

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
A. I like purples, blues, and greens. I don't like oranges or browns.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
A. I am single. No pets. My parents have a golden retriever that I helped raise from puppyhood. Not allowed to have pets in my apartment.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
A. I wear scarves and mittens. I don't understand the poncho fad. I think that they are....Well just not for me! :)

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
A. I have been on a felted purse rampage lately. I like knitting with wool and watching the item shrink in the washer. FUN! I have enjoyed everything I have knitted so far.

13. What are you knitting right now?
A. A teddy bear for charity, and dish cloths.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
A. YES!!!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
A. I have used all types of needles. I think that I like bamboo and aluminum the best. I didn't think that I would like circular needles when I started knitting, but I LOVE them now!!! :)

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
A. Nope don't have either.

17. How did you learn to knit?
A. I learned when I was in the 6th grade from classmates. It was nothing fancy, just a bunch of rows. I stopped knitting for about 12 years. Decided to pick it back up when I saw the cool new fun yarns and a magazine on knitting! I re-learned from books. I have been hooked ever since. I love shopping for yarn!!! :)

18. How old is your oldest UFO?
A. I would say about 2 years old. It is a purse that I have to sew together the sides. I am just too lazy to stitch up the side and figure out how to line the purse.

19. What is your favorite holiday?
A. I would have to say Christmas. Only because I like to shop for and give presents.

20. Is there anything that you collect?
A. I collect teddy bears.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
A. I am taking a class in the future on how to knit socks! I would like to get some sock patterns. I have thought about subscribing to a magazine, but don't know what one I would like to get. I usually get them from the magazine rack.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
A. I try to learn new techniques every time I knit. I have been pushing myself to find challenging patterns.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
A. I will be taking a sock class in July!!!!! I am very excited about this. I picked out my yarn already! Oh that was FUN!!! I can't wait! :) I am not sure what my foot measurements are.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
A. 01/27

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home